Stitchy McYarnpants

Confessions of a husband-neglecting, cat-shooing, yarn-hoarding knitaholic. But in a good way.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

You Think I'm Lazy! You Really Think I'm Lazy!! Thank you!

Well, I’ve done it again! For the second year in a row, I’ve won a coveted spot in the Second Annual JenLa Best of Awards! The ceremony was very touching, especially their warm and sincere invitation to kiss their collective asses if the winners wanted a “twee little button” to display on our blogs. But I didn’t cry. There was something in my eye, it was a cat hair or something. I won for the same thing last year and I’m deeply touched. I must say, it looks like I may win the category every year. Maybe they’ll rename it the Stitchy Award in honor of yours truly. And what honor did the dishy divas of da blogs bestow upon me?

Blog We’d Most Like to Pressure to Post More

That’s right people, I’ve managed to disappoint Jen and La for the second year in a row with my half-assery. Last year, I shared the honor with Skittermagoo and this year, it seems that The Scottish Lamb has been slacking off. Nice work, Scottie. ;) Last year, I was in a three-way tie for “Blog We Most Wish Had a Button”. Well, wouldn’t you know that I am truly motivated by a public shaming, so I immediately created a whole array of dazzling buttons. I think I also promised to blog more. Heh, one out of two ain’t bad, right?

So this year, having only won a single category, I am more able to focus my attention on my duties. I hereby promise that I will renew my commitment to blogging. I will restake my claim on the internets. I will take my rightful place as the bestest, most prolific and interesting blogger that has ever existed. Next stop – World Domination!! At the very least, I swear that I will try to try to post more. And considering that the awards ceremony was almost a week ago and I’m only getting around to blogging about it now, I’m off to a mighty fine start.

Honestly, I really am flattered that they like me enough to want to read more. Thank you so much, gals! I will do my best to impress. Maybe I’ll start swearing so I can usurp Rabbitch next year!

Moving along, I’d like to thank everyone for all their helpful comments about dpns. I love that I got a nice mixture of detailed hints and eh – don’t worry about it’s. You guys are awesome. I printed them all out and put them in my knitting bag in case I ever feel compelled to have another go. I think maybe I should try the two circs with Addis or Denise needles, I think I was using your basic Boye aluminums and they have a big, fat lump between the cable and the needle. I haven’t given up, but I’m not beating myself up about it, either.

And someone asked how I was able to see the Google keywords that people used to find my site. I use StatCounter to track my traffic. It’s free and Blogger mentioned it in their help section about tracking software. I like it, it’s pretty basic and was easy to set up. Sometimes you get a really creepy keyword search and you can’t help but try to figure out why your blog showed up in that search.

I just listened to the Courtship of Eddie’s Father song while looking at Owen and Mzee again, and as it turns out, the closer I get to my period, the closer I get to crying. Damn, but those little dudes are cute. Here are some more pictures.











And while I was searching for pictures, I discovered an entire website about Owen and Mzee. You can read all about their friendship from the beginning. The blog begins on the fifth day that they had Owen.

I don’t know why, but these two have just captured my heart. That’s such a dopey sentence to type out, but there’s something about these two guys. Not classically cute, one is a baby, the other is over 100-years-old, one is a mammal, the other a reptile. They have nothing in common besides enjoying a dip in the lake now and then, but they’re buddies, dammit. Oh man, there’s another cat hair in my eye.

15 Comments:

Blogger itgirl said...

Wow. Nobody wants to compete against me in the "Assdrunk Post" category (aka "drunk blogging"). I think I won the worst award.

1/07/2006 12:42:00 AM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Ah, man, there's cat hair in my eye too, now.

Regarding the two circs - I would definitely recommend the addi's. The Denise's have a join that can make you a little cranky sometimes, and there's no sense setting our beloved stitchy up for failure. We REALLY want her to knit socks, yo.

1/07/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

I'd love to see you post more often, too. Re: the two circs -- don't bother, go right for the magic loop technique. With addis, of course.

1/07/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Congrats (I think) on the award! And thanks for posting the pics of Owen and Mzee - I'm with you: I want to see a Disney movie and stuffed animals!

1/07/2006 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger ErLeCa said...

Oh man, I really can't handle the amount of cute coming off those pictures! Especially the one where Owen's sleeping on Mzee's arm....excuse me, I need a moment...Too damn cute.

Congratulations on winning the "needs to post more often" award!

1/07/2006 09:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Teresa C said...

Yeah, those "cat hairs" will get you every time!

1/07/2006 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Ain't gonna top me in the cussin' award, asspenguin, so you might as well just give it up now.

Unless I win the "people we'd like to see post LESS" award next year. Then maybe you could get the cussin' one.

1/07/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Haha, I'm with Rabbitch. Next I might win, "People we'd like to post less."

So be honored we wanna hear more from ya. And be honored, too, that they didn't give you the award *I* gave you: The, "Oh, I thought you were an old lady" award. I'm going to continue cringeing about that one for the rest of my life. LOL

1/07/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a cute pair. I think I've got cat hair in my eyes too.

1/07/2006 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm covered in cat hair.

you know, i'd just like to get nominated for something, anything. sometimes it is enough just to be nominated. sniff.

and because i'm sick, i just hope owen doesn't crush poor mzee when he weighs in at a ton. i'm just concerned!

1/07/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I just wanted to say a big YES to the keyword search thing. I use stat counter too and once in while a search string will show up that makes me feel like I need to sterilize my brain after reading it and I can NOT figure why my blog would show up in response! Eeeuuuwww!

And congrats on your award...I think. Heh.

1/07/2006 06:23:00 PM  
Anonymous La said...

Oh Kreist! Now we've gone and done it!

What we actually meant by that is that we just can't get enough of ya!

And Rebecca, we bow before your Assdrunkenness, and aspire to be so eloquent, but we always manage to fall short

1/07/2006 10:55:00 PM  
Anonymous jeanne said...

I'm so verklempt over Owen and Mzee, I've got an entire Persian in my eye!

Oh, yeah, Stitchy? Couldja please post more often, or can I just quietly look forward to old age?

1/08/2006 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Fwx Sharon said...

Stichy,

Post when you want to and I'll be happy to read it. DON't feel the pressure or guilt! At My Knit's End burned out and I'm missing that blog. Post when the Muse moves you....

S

1/14/2006 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger dfadf said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<2>
I was not shocked because this was old news -- practically ancient, in fact. In R. Microsoft Office Emmett Tyrrell, Office 2010 Jr.'s most recent book The Clinton Microsoft Office 2010 Crack-
Up, page fiv Office 2007 e, paragraph two, we learn that in Bill Clinton's "first four years out of the White H Microsoft Office 2007 ouse, he ea Office 2010 key rned over Office 2010 download $43 million Office 2010 Professional after
expenses... Microsoft outlook "
The next Outlook 2010 page directs Windows 7 us to Appendix Microsoft outlook 2010 I, a list of the conniving couple's fees for speeches and book royalties and other income. The first

11/05/2010 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home