Stitchy McYarnpants

Confessions of a husband-neglecting, cat-shooing, yarn-hoarding knitaholic. But in a good way.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Yo.

Did you ever mean to get in touch with someone and put it off for a day or two? And then, suddenly a week goes by and you forgot what you were going to tell them when you were going to contact them the week before, so you hold off until you can remember? And then all of a sudden it’s like two weeks and now, there are quite a few things to update them on so that you need to carve out some time to think about it all, but because you’re really busy, you never get a chance to carve? And then, holy moley, it’s three weeks or something and now you have too much to write about, but can’t remember half of it and then, because you’ve put it off for so long that you feel like it had better be good when you do finally get in touch, but you can’t think of anything good, so you keep putting it off?

No? Oh.

Well, I’ve decided to just bullet list a few items because the more I try to be cohesive, the more days go by. Even my dad mentioned that I haven’t blogged since the 10th. And when your dad starts noticing that your knitting blog isn’t getting updated, well, action must be taken.

- I am not a Gold Medal winner in the Knitting Olympics. I got the back and front of Jon’s sweater done and am working on the sleeves now. Why do sleeves take so much longer than the rest of the sweater? Is there some kind of screwy quantum mechanics at work with sleeves?

- Thanks to Stephanie for challenging us in the first place. If nothing else, she gave us a chance to have some really good get-togethers. And big ups to Kellee and Wendy for co-conspiring with me on Team Boston! I’m delighted that so many people joined up. I didn’t think my Bloglines list could get much bigger, but I was wrong. It was a pleasure meeting everyone that I did!

- Cara threw a great Closing Ceremonies party on Sunday! I got there a bit late because I was visiting with Ms. Melanie, who is looking wonderful. I missed a bunch of people who left before I got there, but it was a fun time. I am making plans now to gain squatters rights in her in-laws house. If I just move in, what can they do, right? This house was a dream for any old-home lover. The flocked wallpaper, the knick-knacks, vintage dishes in the cabinets that have been there since they were new, the UNPAINTED WOODWORK everywhere . . . everything about this house was amazing.

- Today is the first day of March. Some people are happy to be finished with February. Me, I hate March. At least you know where you stand with February. Sure, March brings us that much closer to Spring and gives us a reason to drink green beer. But it cruelly exploits the fact that our toes are freezing. We’ll grasp at any glimmer of springtime and March even tosses us an occasional nice-ish day. And then you start thinking “Wow, March really is a mighty fine month.” It tricks you and sucks you in with a vague feeling of warmth. And then what happens every year? Yep. At least one huge snowstorm and some of the coldest weather of the year. I used to get fooled every year, but no more! I’m on to you, March. I got my eye on you.

- Welp, they aren’t Owen and Mzee, but more animals are jumping on the bandwagon. You go, animals! (FYI - the second link is a video)

- Eeerrmmmmm . . . . that is all. For now. Normal blogging will resume tomorrow and everything will be fine.


And for your viewing pleasure, I’m going to leave you with a lovely installation that our own resident artist, Chloe, created just for you. She calles it “Feline Angst”. This piece utilizes an intriguing mandibular process applied to half a roll of toilet paper. Because she’s a purist, she prefers the simple texture of ScottTissue rather than the ostentatious fluff of Charmin. She finds a single-ply roll has better shredability and a nicer mouth feel. She also works in notebook, magazine, past-due bill notice, and important documentation. To our delight, she is teaching her craft to Mike. The kid has a future in cardboard box work.

25 Comments:

Anonymous twig said...

LOVE the artwork! WTG Chloe! My daughters, Canine-Americans, try to do as well as cats, but they just don't have it in them. Instead they like to grab a Kleenex out of the box. Then another MYSTERIOUSLY appears in its place so they take that one out and so on. It's disappointing. I just end up with a bed full of Kleenex. You, YOU, get a work of art.

3/01/2006 07:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Cara said...

If you squat at the house, can we still visit? By the way, be careful. I broke like ten things after everyone left - in addition to the twenty things we broke before everyone got there.

It was great to see you! We will do it again - soon I hope.

3/01/2006 07:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Daphne said...

Hi! Actually I do that to people all the time. Glad to see you and your amazing documentation of Feline Art.

3/01/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

All the time.

Feline Angst looks amazing. Or maybe that was the description. Just don't let anyone stick bubblegum on it.

3/01/2006 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger yarnspin said...

Hurrah! You're back! Our cats have artistic talents similar to Chloe, those forcing us to keep our TP in tupperware containers in the bathroom. Sweet.

3/01/2006 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger ErLeCa said...

I seriously think the best part about those animal links is the weird, high-pitched, fast speaking japanese!

3/01/2006 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

Well, see? March is better already. You posted. ;-)

3/02/2006 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Yeah, MARCH, it was HOT today icky HOT >=( We'll probably get an ice storm by Friday.

the house sounds cool, I'm totally jealous =) me come too? mew? =)

the kitty and the hen are SO sweet together, and I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty pig (?) cool

3/02/2006 01:32:00 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm so with you on March. february is winter. and it's short. march has 31 friggin' days and it teases you with it's lamb/lion dichtomy. ooh spring one day - next day 10 feet of snow. rat bastard.

3/02/2006 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Carole said...

March sucks. Let's not forget the most important bad thing about March - no 3 day weekends. Waahhh.

3/02/2006 07:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Jackie said...

After the true suckiness that is Jan and Feb, I'm totally okay getting snookered by the devilish tease that is March. At least we should be clear of below zero wind chills. Usually.

3/02/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Monica said...

I take it one step further: winter is not officially over until May. Mid-May. Any nice weather before hand is just to soften us up for a blizzard.

And re: keeping in touch, yeah, that's me. Too often.

3/02/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Bookish Wendy said...

You know - I bet that toilet paper was looking at her wrong or something. She was just telling it who's boss.

3/02/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Alison said...

I know exactly what you mean about putting off phone calls and blogging... I am frequently guilty of neglecting both. And thank you for expressing my thoughts about the duplicitous month of March. We won't fall for her tricks again!

3/02/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger cindy said...

I'm with you on March!!! The toilet paper speaks volumes....

3/02/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Tish said...

Lovely fiber installation by Chloe. Does she work in yarn? Our young lab prefers Gatorade and Propel bottles scrounged from the recycling bin as her media. She carefully flutes the tops and flairs out the bottoms and leaves carefully gnawed sharp grayish or blue bits artfully scattered upon the beige carpet to be found by the unwary and barefoot. Less painful and more colorful are the little rubber chunks gnawed from the ends of her chew bones "for aggressive chewers". Thankfully she shows no aptitude for furniture or shoe "art" (tho she does occasionally venture into "stuffed animal reconfiguation").

3/02/2006 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Imbrium said...

Oh, I very much understand the difficulties of getting back to someone...I have e-mails in my inbox that are months (if not years) old, that I keep thinking "huh...I should write back to that person...."

3/02/2006 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

Oh Chloe, she probably only works on her art when you're not around too.

A front and a back of a sweater in 16 days is definately worthy of a medal. At least a silver!!

3/02/2006 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Too bad I missed you on Sunday. I totally knew you would love Cara's in-laws' place. FLOCKED WALLPAPER! How fabulous was that?

3/03/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger thesleepysheep said...

Hehehe. Our cat loves to do that, although he's more into paper towels (he's terrified of the bathroom). Our dog creates art with remotes. She will even find remotes that have been sacrificed to the blackhole that is the couch. It's truly amazing.

3/03/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

HI! Our mutual friend Peter just directed me to your blog, and I have not been able to stop reading about it. You and I are, apparently, a lot alike...only, I crochet. Love your photos, your cat's handiwork and all your wonderful reminiscing about childhood and the carefree years before marriage, homeownership, etc. Stop by and visit my blog some time! : ) Nice to meet you.

3/03/2006 07:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

I'm on to March, and it STILL sucks. Make it go away. Please?

3/04/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Angi said...

Love the art. Maybe your cat and my terrier could collaborate? Saidy prefers anything made of wood and shoes, not to mention any ball of yarn she can get her mouth on. I think it would be cheaper for her to work in TP.
Lovin' it though!

3/04/2006 11:25:00 PM  
Blogger Knitting Painter Woman said...

I didn't medal in K.O. either, but was glad to be a member of Team Boston in absentia. I am still working on socks. At least I didn't have any hospital visits (for myself, anyway) during the fete.

I have forgotten friends and obligations. I worry that I'm going to do that someday and the other person will. be. dead. (It happens when you get older.) Anyway, let's hear it for procrastinating less, hoping that spring really will come again and that the summer won't be as hot as last year.

3/05/2006 02:30:00 AM  
Blogger dfadf said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<2>
I was not shocked because this was old news -- practically ancient, in fact. In R. Microsoft Office Emmett Tyrrell, Office 2010 Jr.'s most recent book The Clinton Microsoft Office 2010 Crack-
Up, page fiv Office 2007 e, paragraph two, we learn that in Bill Clinton's "first four years out of the White H Microsoft Office 2007 ouse, he ea Office 2010 key rned over Office 2010 download $43 million Office 2010 Professional after
expenses... Microsoft outlook "
The next Outlook 2010 page directs Windows 7 us to Appendix Microsoft outlook 2010 I, a list of the conniving couple's fees for speeches and book royalties and other income. The first

11/05/2010 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home